Tuesday, May 8, 2018

And just like that...



Thirteen years ago I was just a few hours from having my 2nd baby.  My hunch the whole time I was pregnant was that I was having another boy.  I just always thought I would be the mother of boys.  Even though this pregnancy was so different from my first I felt in my bones this baby will be my son.  My husband and my oldest child (he was 2 at the time) both thought 'girl'.  In fact Roland would say "Mama it's a girl". I would say "It may be a boy too." "No. It's a girl!" Whose gonna argue with a 2 year old?  And around 3:50 am. May 8th 2005. Mothers Day that year my 9.9lbs baby was placed in my arms and was announced a 'girl'. . . for a little while . . .




As it happens I was right all along. (dust my shoulders off) It just took a few years to present. he he he.  I am the luckiest woman, that this beautiful soul of a child chose me to be his mother.  From the day he was born until this very minute he has brought so much joy, laughter and creativity into our lives. 

Edwin has the biggest heart, loves to make people laugh and smile, he is an artist, writer, animator, loves to make hilariously weird video clips, he loves music and researching the artists, he loves his friends and his cousins, and is a F*R*I*E*N*D*S #superfan spouting off random facts about the show, he loves to play hockey and basketball, skateboarding, biking and his newest endeavour is dirt biking (just like his Dad and Bro).  

Edwin has been such an adventure. Teaching us about ourselves ALL. THE. TIME....just by being himself.  His authentic, truth living, brave, strong, kind, friendly, wise self.  

So now on the eve of Edwin's 13th Birthday...I simply reflect.  I do this every year but tonight the lump in my throat is a little bigger...but so is my heart...because...so much has changed since that night... and...well....my chubby baby is now a TEENAGER. 

 The pure magic in the room when he made his way earth side, pushed out through my body, into the hands of his Dad, under the watchful eyes of my Mom and Sister.  It's a feeling i'll never forget. 

Love
Marcia xo






No comments:

Post a Comment