Monday, October 18, 2010

Lady Weekend

I have never been alone in my house for a whole weekend. No husband, no kids. For the first time in 7 years...7 years! I watched as Dalton and the Kids loaded up the Jeep and headed for London to spend time with Big Grandad and Auntie Anne.
Is it wrong I was a little giddy about it? Even if I was going to clean the house for a couple of hours. I got to clean it...and no one was there to drop a toy and leave it, mess up my newly mopped floors, dishevel their beds, leave Canadian Tire flyer's on my counter. It was glorious.
My dear friend Lisa arrived late Friday night, we drank wine, ate nibbles, and girl talked to late at night. Saturday we slept until 9 am, got the house ready for a wonderful workshop I hosted at the house. "Calm Mum", created and facilitated by Carol Peat and I implore you to check out her company Babies Naturally, yes even if your kids are 5 and 7. We can all use some guidance ie. "hand holding" and personal growth as parents education, and Carol is the person to do it, from preconception to teens. The workshop took place with 6 other women and I believe we all left better mothers (and daughters for that matter). In a perfect world Carol Peats workshop would be mandatory for all parents and grandparents, much like getting a drivers licence before you can drive. I feel refreshed as a Calm Mum, I'm going to trust my instincts and my children more, they know what they want and need and if we are patient, present and aware they let us know. I am going to try my best to not worry about what other people think of me and my parenting simply because "Their judgement/opinion of me and my parenting is none of my business." Don't you just love that? Lets write it again "Other peoples opinion of me is none of my business." Freeing...isn't it? and Breath.

So later that day Lisa and I took Trixie for a big walk at the lagoons, it was a lovely walk, crunching on leaves, sunshine and chatting. Oh and Trixie ate shit. How gross is that? I said "So that's what getting shit faced really is?" I can seriously crack myself up. I'm my own personal stand-up comedian.

Then...Lisa and I got gussied up and went out for a delightful dinner and wine at Tramontos then Guinness time at Hawg's Breath. Such fun with a dear friend.

On Sunday I slept till 11:00, hot damn that was nice. Then the kids and Dalton got back in the afternoon and I was soooooo happy to see them and smooch their spectacular little faces.

Have a lovely day,
Marcia
xoxox

1 comment:

  1. sounds awesome, Marcia!
    missed your posts! glad you're doing well! hope to see you sometime soon - even if it's at Zehr's! xo Lisa

    ReplyDelete