Tuesday, July 21, 2009

This lovely lady melts my heart

I know a girlShe puts the color inside of my worldShe's just like a mazeWhere all of the walls all continually changeAnd I've done all I canTo stand on her steps with my heart in my handsNow I'm starting to seeMaybe it's got nothing to do with meFathers be good to your daughtersDaughters will love like you doGirls become lovers who turn into mothersSo mothers be good to your daughters tooOh, you see that skin?It's the same she's been standing inSince the day she saw him walking awayNow she's leftCleaning up the mess he madeFathers be good to your daughtersDaughters will love like you doGirls become lovers who turn into mothersSo mothers be good to your daughters tooBoys, you can breakYou'll find out how much they can takeBoys will be strongAnd boys soldier onBut boys would be gone without warmth from A woman's good, good heartOn behalf of every manLooking out for every girlYou are the god and the weight of her worldSo fathers be good to your daughtersDaughters will love like you doGirls become lovers who turn into mothersSo mothers be good to your daughters, tooSo mothers be good to your daughters, tooSo mothers be good to your daughters, too By John Mayor

No comments:

Post a Comment