Thursday, June 17, 2010

Remember me?....

Ya, I'm the dining room set Marcia was going to refinish because she LOVED me so much. Well, apparently not enough cause...
Voila, I've been replaced by this curvy number. She liked the curvy legs and the sturdy comfy seats. Nice. She even got me all taken apart, sanded and repaired (by Rick) She is so flighty.

It's true. I was in the middle of redoing the dining room set when Dalton and I walked into a furniture store going out of business and we saw this set for 50% off and absolutely love it. It is the first dining set we have bought...ever...we are officially grown ups buying dining room sets. What next...driving a mini van. (not that there's anything wrong with that)


This lovely bouquet of Peonies in celebration of mine and Daltons 8th Anniversary. Merci Mama et Papa. They are gorgeous, and always remind me of my wedding day.


New project, I bought this solid wood, Canadian made (in Quebec) dresser and Mirror off of Kijiji. I love it. As soon as I saw it I knew it would be the perfect first piece to redo. I have been officially inspired up one side and down the other by this lovely lady Holly from White Berry out in Western Canada. I was never into Shabby Chic but I have been bitten by this bug and I love her take on it, and I think I can incorporate it with my contemporary/Glam/minimalist style. So that would read "Shabby Glam Contemporary Mini". I like it. That's my style fo'shizzle.

Sanded, cleaned, now primed. I bought lovely new pewter drawer pulls. And I will be painting a very light grey/white.

finished project to follow shortly.
Family picture wall. It only took 3 years of wanting to get organized and up on the wall.

I really like the way it turned out.

What are you working on these days?

Have a lovely day
Marcia

No comments:

Post a Comment